The South Pars Gas Field contains 450 trillion C.F. of gas equal to
about 6.8% of the world gas reserves for the which the Pars Special Economic Energy Zone in its first stage of development includes the construction of 12 gas processing phases , plus 15 petrochemical complexes , a vide range of downstream petrochemical industries,
mixed industries ,semi-heavy industries plus a substantial amount
of related in its program11th
From kilometer 15 from the west of the site (Shirino) to 10 kilometers from The west of bidkhoon village has been allocated to the first stage of Gas Processing industries development (12 phases) and its continuation to bidkhoon, Nakhl –E- Taqi and Assaluyeh villages. The existing Air port after the relocating will be allocated to the second stage of development of these Industries up to the total of 3000 hectares.
- Phases 1-5: will supply the country’s natural gas requirements through a 56 inch gas pipeline.
- Phases 6&8: will provide gas for re- injection into the aghajari oil field.
- Phases 9&10: will supply the country’s Natural Gas and or for exporting to Turkey and Pakistan.
- Phases 11&12: will supply the gas for LNG.
All these phases will produce one billion c.f. of natural gas 40000 barrels of Condensate and 200 tons of sulphur (except phases 6-8 that will not be de- Sulphurized).
From the above phases , phases 1-8 are at the various states of design and construction:
- Phases 1: Developed by Petropars Company (Iran).
- Phases 2 & 3: Developed by a consortium consisting of Total (France), Petronas (Malaysia) & GasProm (Russia).
- Phases 4 & 5: Developed by a consortium consisting of Agip and Petropars (Iran)
- Phases 6,7 & 8: develop by Petropars (Iran).
Petrochemical Industries :
From 5km. to the west of the site adjacent to the desalination plant and power plant to the access road to port site (boundary of oil & gas 4th
& 5th Phases), a plot of land with an area of 920 Hectares. has been allocated for Petrochemical industries as follows:
- 9th Olefin
- 10th Olefin
- 4th Aromatics
- 4th Methanol
- Urea / Ammonium
- centralized utilities
- Future stages of development:
- 11th Olefine
- 12th Olefin
- 13th Olefin
- 5th Aromatics
- 6th Aromatics
- 2 ND Urea/Ammonium
- 3 RD Urea/Ammonium
- Acetic acid
Due to the availability of raw materials produced by petrochemical industries at the zone and supply of feed required by petrochemical downstream industries, a site with an area of 1000 Hectares. has been allocated for the construction and expansion of downstream industries at the east of oil & gas
Industries expansion land (end of Bidkhoon village) towards east (Chah Mobarak village) as follows:
- Rubber & plastics
- Synthetic fibers & textiles
- Industrial oils
- Resins & adhesives
- Paints & protective coatings
- chemical fertilizers